There are certain guidelines for formatting a manuscript, and at 3rd Coast Books we are no exception to the rule.
Remember you as the Author are responsible for presenting 3rd Coast Books with a fully edited (for both conceptual / developmental and grammar) manuscript. When sending your manuscript to have an edit or a critique done, you should also go by these guidelines so you are not perceived as a novice. If you have concerns about whether your editing is up to par, please contact our Managing Editor, Faye Walker, for a referral to a professional editor which we have vetted on the Contact Us Page.
- Your manuscript should be set up as a Word file or as a RTF file
- Most will also want a hard copy of the manuscript on 8.5″ by 11″ white paper, printed on one side only, with 1-inch margins all around
- Body type should be 12 point Times New Roman, black
- Title page with all your contact info included (upper right hand corner)
- Page one of all chapters should start roughly a third of the way down the page
- Double or 1 1/2 line-spacing, left justified
- Paragraphs indented 0.5 inch (use a tab not spaces)
- Place **** between each scene inside of a chapter
- If you have a nonfiction title, please ask for specific directions
- VERY IMPORTANT — This line should appear on your title page or in your headers or footers: